May 3rd, 2018 by adminThough it is at the forefront of any business, productivity is often hampered by a lack of tools that connect the different devices or capabilities an enterprise requires for efficient operations. However, unified communications (UC) provides a solution for enhancing productivity. In fact, UC has gained popularity over the years. At least half of all employees working with companies with these capabilities use UC, according to a 2017 IDC survey. There are several critical parts to UC, including collaboration tools, call control, video conferencing, and even instant messaging. Business process integration software, unified messaging and presence are also important components of UC. You can make it work for your business by leveraging critical UC components in unison, too. Here's how to do just that.
1. Video Conferencing SoftwareVideo conferencing software gives you flexibility in the way your organization communicates, both internally and externally. With the tap of a few buttons, you can effortlessly put yourself or your team into a face-to-face meeting.
2. VoIP ProgramsVoice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) programs are essential to the call control component of UC. VoIP services provide an important piece of the foundation required to enable UC solutions.
3. File Sharing SystemsAs part of the collaboration aspect of UC, file sharing systems help to push projects forward. For instance, your employees can share documents and files and work on them simultaneously to avoid having multiple copies of the same document and reduce confusion. By leveraging file sharing systems that can communicate with other forms of collaboration tools, you can help your employees to become more efficient.
4. Chat ApplicationsChat applications work to improve business processes so that workers can answer questions in real-time. When you use chat applications as part of UC, you can also leverage the power of accessing your communications all in one central location. This helps to support mobility within the enterprise and leverages the presence component of UC. Presence technology lets employees know when a co-worker is available for instant messaging based on selected status updates within the chat application. The messages used for enterprise-level chat applications can also be encrypted for enhanced data security, too. Secure messaging improves collaboration and facilitates doing better work.
5. Unified MessagingLeveraging unified messaging is important for answering client inquiries as soon as possible. That's why email (in collaboration with voice and fax capabilities) helps to push business processes forward.
Related: Why You Should Kill Your Fax MachineThanks to unified messaging, workers can answer messages regardless of their physical location or the devices they use. For example, your employees can receive missed calls that were left as a voicemail in the form of an email to their inbox. Moreover, information that requires faxing can be done leveraging unified messaging capabilities right from email. It’s a better way to interconnect various applications and services.
Unified Communication for Your BusinessTaking advantage of crucial UC components, such as video conferencing software and chat applications, is paramount to enhancing productivity and optimizing operations for your business. Contact us to learn more.
Posted in: Blog