As the New Year has lost its “newness” and everyone is already starting to give up on their personal goals and resolutions – there is still time to make technology resolutions for your financial institution. You’re probably not a stranger to the New Year Resolution – some of us make the same resolutions year after year – we try to lose weight, exercise more or spend more time on things that we enjoy. As a business owner, manager, or CEO – it might be a good idea to pick out a resolution or technology goal that is specific to your company.
Making Technology a Priority
One great area to consider would be the technological aspect at your financial institution. We have technology because we need it! Almost every function utilizes computers these days. Your office technology does not have to a headache or just another problem on the list of things to do.
Resolving to Increase Network Security
One great suggestion for the upcoming year would be to take a closer look at your network security. As a financial institution, improving network security should be your number one priority because security is what keeps your company safe and in business. Here are some areas that most companies could improve on:
- Firewall protection and maintenance
- Protecting and backing up sensitive customer information
- Maintaining protection against malware
- Staying up to date on network security changes
Making The Switch to Cloud Computing
Another top option when it comes to picking a goal for 2015 would be to take a look at cloud services and see how they could benefit your company. Many businesses have already made the switch, so you may want to make it a goal to seek out some information. Cloud computing often times saves businesses time and money. Most companies also report that productivity is increased in the work place.
Managed Services for Financial Institutions
If you are feeling particularly motivated, you may want to take a look at the entire structure of your current IT situation. Making the switch to a managed service provider would be the ultimate change this year with the biggest rewards.
- Many companies find that by switching over to a managed service provider they are able to better function as a business owner, CEO, or manager
- Utilizing a Managed Service Provider means that your work environment is going to greatly improve. You will no longer have to carry the burden of office IT support.
- At the end of the day you will be getting better service for less cost.
- Employees will be able to perform their jobs better. Information will be cohesive and communication will be greatly improved.
It’s about time that you started making some New Year’s Resolutions or goals for your organization. By keeping office IT in mind, not only will you have some productive goals set but your business will thrive like it never has before.